How can i make my gerbils tank more fun?

I have two gerbils and one of them is scratching at the corner of the tank like crazy and is tryin to jump out while the other one is just calm. How can i make my gerbils tank more fun so that he wont try to escape

I have two gerbils and one of them is scratching at the corner of the tank like crazy and is tryin to jump out while the other one is just calm. How can i make my gerbils tank more fun so that he wont try to escape...
    Off Topic : How can i make my gerbils tank more fun?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can i make my gerbils tank more fun?

How can i make my gerbils tank more fun? Off Topic
      I have two gerbils and one of them is scratching at the corner of the tank like crazy and is tryin to jump out while the other one is just calm. How can i make my gerbils tank more fun so that he wont try to escape

How can i make my gerbils tank more fun? Off Topic
    • Buy a Gerbil work out! I've seen some with a Gerbil Wheels, a tater-tot, a slide, anything that a human will use. They look so adorable when they work out. I'm not too sure where they sell them but they are about $17+

• First, how large is the tank? A pair of gerbils need at least 20 gallons or larger. Too small a tank will cause stress. This should be obvious, but you need to have a mesh lid, not a glass one, to ensure air circulation. You might want to buy a tank topper to give them extra room, and provide better air flow.What bedding do your use? Pine and cedar are toxic and irritate the respiratory tract, and cause them to want to escape. Be sure to add a thick layer as they are burrowing animals and like to dig.A wheel is a must, but two are better. Make sure it is large enough so their spines aren't curved when they run. A "saucer" style is even better.Do you have hiding boxes? Privacy is extremely important. Boxes are also fun to climb, etc.Offer a dish with chinchilla sand (not dust). They will roll around in it to aid grooming.