What are some good live plants to go into a dwarf cichlid tank?

I would like to have some live plants in my aquarium what are some good ones to put in there with some dwarf cichlids? Has anyone ever used a ultra violet light with a power head on it?

I would like to have some live plants in my aquarium what are some good ones to put in there with some dwarf cichlids? Has anyone ever used a ultra violet light with a power head on it?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are some good live plants to go into a dwarf cichlid tank?...

• What are some good live plants to go into a dwarf cichlid tank?

What are some good live plants to go into a dwarf cichlid tank? Other Pet Discussions
      I would like to have some live plants in my aquarium what are some good ones to put in there with some dwarf cichlids? Has anyone ever used a ultra violet light with a power head on it?

What are some good live plants to go into a dwarf cichlid tank? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yeah i love anubias and have them with my dwarves. Great to see you moving to live plants. With anubias you can attach them to a pot, wood, or rock with elastic bands and after a few months they have grow all over the pot. Where i live in australia you can buy beautiful pregrown ones already on pots, they also give a great spot for the cichlids to spawn. basically slow growing, don't need to much light and just fertilise with an aquarium fertiliser. Amazon swords are also fine, and i think if they destroy the plants, it was a cheap plant and they probably had fun and it gave them something to do.I am a lover or live plants and my cichlids havn't touched them yet.

• Depends on your lighting and how much care you want to put into them,For easy care plants not requiring a great deal of light and no added fertilizers:Epiphytic (grows attached to driftwood/rocks) plants are....Anubias nanaAnubias barteriJava FernJava Fern "Windelov"Java MossWillow MossFor plants in the substrate,consider some of the Cryptocorynes species.These will "melt" when first planted and you will think they are dead.They just need to adjust to your water conditions and then will grow out.