How can I teach my cat to be a good mouser?

I have a seven month old cat who just went into heat and I am trying to teach her how to mouse. Unfortunately, she just plays with the mouse, rather than attacking it.

I have a seven month old cat who just went into heat and I am trying to teach her how to mouse. Unfortunately, she just plays with the mouse, rather than attacking it....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I teach my cat to be a good mouser?...

• How can I teach my cat to be a good mouser?

How can I teach my cat to be a good mouser? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a seven month old cat who just went into heat and I am trying to teach her how to mouse. Unfortunately, she just plays with the mouse, rather than attacking it.

How can I teach my cat to be a good mouser? Other Pet Discussions
    • Take a fake mouse and get a string pull it arround go up and down then then you might get a little agressive with it pretend the mouse is attacking the cat But not too mean. You may want to wear gloves when you do this . I know that farm people just feed the cats less and I found this kinda mean to do to the cat to increace them to mouse more.

• You can't. That is instinct so either they will or they wont be. Many cats Love to just play with their prey before killing it. Cats can be actually kinda cruel (I have had plenty) the way they chase, bounce, throw and pretend to let get away the mouse. Usually in the end the mouse dies but it wont be till your cat gets bored.

• It just comes naturally. Cats like things that move, they are naturally curious. Try getting your cat some of the realistic looking mice. They are gray and furry and they look like the real thing. Watch him GO!! LOL Good luck to you!