How to preserve a sand dollar?

I found a sand dollar on the beach in Ca. I would like to know how to preserve it and possibly paint it later.

I found a sand dollar on the beach in Ca. I would like to know how to preserve it and possibly paint it later....
    Other Pet Discussions : How to preserve a sand dollar?...

• How to preserve a sand dollar?

How to preserve a sand dollar? Other Pet Discussions
      I found a sand dollar on the beach in Ca. I would like to know how to preserve it and possibly paint it later.

How to preserve a sand dollar? Other Pet Discussions
    • once they dry out they usually are ok till someone drops it [ someone always drops it ]... once its dry paint away. i've seen some nice beach scenes painted on sand dollars. some types of sand dollars have the image of JESUS on the cross on the back .. check it out.

• Take a shallow plate and add bleach to the bottom of the plate to cover the sand dollar. Let it sit for a day. Take it out and let dry. Buy a good can of clear polyurethane at your nearest hardware store. Spray it throughly on both sides. Let it dry. Now it is ready to paint.

• i have lots of shells and sand dollars that i have brought back from florida right off the beach. i fill up a container with bleach and water and let them soak for at least 24 hours. then rinse them. even let them soak in the clean water to make sure all the bleach is out. then let them dry for a very long time. a month or so. you don't have to coat them with anything. although you can. i have several displayed in my home that have nothing on them and they are still beautiful after many yrs. the best thing about finding a treasure like that is that you picked it up off the beach yourself. and you'll always remember where you found it and all the details of that memorable time. it really is a treasure