How do I get my dog to quit peeing in one particular spot in the house?

Isn't there a common household object that you put on that spot?

Isn't there a common household object that you put on that spot?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my dog to quit peeing in one particular spot in the house?...

• How do I get my dog to quit peeing in one particular spot in the house?

How do I get my dog to quit peeing in one particular spot in the house? Other Pet Discussions
      Isn't there a common household object that you put on that spot?

How do I get my dog to quit peeing in one particular spot in the house? Other Pet Discussions
    • I'm not exactly sure but u can try vinegar. that works with cats. at least mine. try mixing vinegar with a little water and rubbing it on the spot and around it. - hope it works for u!

• you can go to petsmart or something and get this one thing..also, if your dog is small, hold it down and stick its nose in its own pee, smak it..gently on the tush and say NO...then take it outside and say Yes. it works better w/ a puppy....our dog had the same problem and this is what we did to make her stop and now she is potty trained. Also, you can keep it in its cage and only take him/ her out about every 1-3hrs just to go pee...but thats pretty cruel..not suggested.

• It is NOT recommended that you rub their nose in it or scare them. The best way to do it is a combination of things. First, you do need to get the smell out like somebody already said. Let them know in that way that inside is not the place to go. Secondly, be very alert. When you see your dog going over to that particular part of the house take them outside immediately. Praise them ALOT when they go outside. Give them a firm "No!" when they do it inside. If you can catch them in the act pick them up (yes, you might get peed on but it will wash off) and take them outside to finish. It will take a lot of patience and practice, but when you got a dog that is what you signed up for. Good luck!FR