What do you do when your patience is running low and you need to recharge it?

I just got a puppy (7 weeks old) and it is my first dog ever. I'm so tired and I'm running low on patience and energy. I need some good ways to recharge with out getting away from the puppy because that is not really an option.She is a trouble maker…

I just got a puppy (7 weeks old) and it is my first dog ever. I'm so tired and I'm running low on patience and energy. I need some good ways to recharge with out getting away from the puppy because that is not really an option.She is a trouble maker…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What do you do when your patience is running low and you need to recharge it?...

• What do you do when your patience is running low and you need to recharge it?

What do you do when your patience is running low and you need to recharge it? Other Pet Discussions
      I just got a puppy (7 weeks old) and it is my first dog ever. I'm so tired and I'm running low on patience and energy. I need some good ways to recharge with out getting away from the puppy because that is not really an option.She is a trouble maker (lol) playing with her can easily become a task...I do have a crate, but she isn't really potty trained yet...almost...not quite, so i'm not real comfortable leaving her in there to go out for long periods of time.

What do you do when your patience is running low and you need to recharge it? Other Pet Discussions
    • take a few deep breathes.now your puppy is a baby and babies need lots and that can be draining. this is how it will be for awhile so condition your mind to accept it. rework your schedule so you have some time for you. i'm sure of the neighbors kids would love to watch the puppy for an hour !

• Just remember that you are this baby's mom now, she looks to you for all of her needs, both physical and emotional. When you are stressed she will pick up on it and react accordingly. If you need to, get the puppy a crate, this will help both of you to get some time out and many dogs prefer the safety of a "den" to sleep in. Make sure she gets lots of exercise so that she will take good naps for you.

• well, get a crate. it helps with potty training and it helps with keeping u energized. thats what i did. when my puppy got better i took away the kennle and he did fine. the kennel isnt a bad thing. the puppy will bark but put it in a room and you can go to another and chill for a minute. also keep the puppy energized for a while like a walk or something. that would work too. the puppy would get tired. also if u really want to get a little safety gate and put it in front of say the kithchen then u sit in the living room and not be to far. i hope all of my helpful information was well... helpfull! GOOD LUCK!