What happens to baby robins when they leave the nest?

Do they return to the nest? Do they stick close by to stay near their parents? Or do they go off on their own once they leave the nest for the first time. I am asking because I have a nest with 3 baby robins outside my home and I enjoy watching them. …

Do they return to the nest? Do they stick close by to stay near their parents? Or do they go off on their own once they leave the nest for the first time. I am asking because I have a nest with 3 baby robins outside my home and I enjoy watching them. …...
    Other Pet Discussions : What happens to baby robins when they leave the nest?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens to baby robins when they leave the nest?

What happens to baby robins when they leave the nest? Other Pet Discussions
      Do they return to the nest? Do they stick close by to stay near their parents? Or do they go off on their own once they leave the nest for the first time. I am asking because I have a nest with 3 baby robins outside my home and I enjoy watching them. Today two of the three babies left the nest and I am wondering if I can expect to see them around again.

What happens to baby robins when they leave the nest? Other Pet Discussions
    • They will after leaving the nest, stay on the ground for awhile and the aprents will still take care of them.This is their most vulnerable time and many people pick them up thinking that they are hurt or alone. No it is best to leave them alone and they will eventually fly and will when older return to your area.

• Even though most people think that when you pick birds up the parents will abandon them, it's actually better to not touch them for your own protection. Birds can carry fleas, ticks, and mites that can potentially infect you. They will fall out of the nest but they will flutter down and will learn to fly this way. Maybe you could ward off cats and dogs!

• I don't know but I think it is wonderful that somebody on this site has an interest in nature. I was just telling a friend today that the birds are really singing this Spring. When I have been under great stress, I often take " mini vacations." I sit on my front porch and listen to the birds. It settles my nerves and gets me to a calmer place in my mind and heart. Nature is unlike the day to day life of humans. Animals are so much more civilized than most people. Keep on watching and listening to your birds. I hope you never lose your curiousity.

• i agree with sandra. the only thing i would add is if the baby is in immediate danger, then move it. a few days ago, my son and i found a baby in the street. of course we moved it to a nearby bush but then we went on our way.