How do I make a new kitten feel more at home?

I'm getting a ragdoll kitten in 9 days. I'm really nervous. What are some things to help the kitten feel more at home. Also I'm going to an all day (well 8:30-4:00) program 9 days after I get the cat, what are some ways to stop it from getting…

I'm getting a ragdoll kitten in 9 days. I'm really nervous. What are some things to help the kitten feel more at home. Also I'm going to an all day (well 8:30-4:00) program 9 days after I get the cat, what are some ways to stop it from getting…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I make a new kitten feel more at home?...

• How do I make a new kitten feel more at home?

How do I make a new kitten feel more at home? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm getting a ragdoll kitten in 9 days. I'm really nervous. What are some things to help the kitten feel more at home. Also I'm going to an all day (well 8:30-4:00) program 9 days after I get the cat, what are some ways to stop it from getting lonley?the kitten is 10 weeks and is used to at least 6 other cats around

How do I make a new kitten feel more at home? Other Pet Discussions
    • When your kitten comes home it will probably be scared and do a lot of slinking around looking for a good place to hide like ours did. Just give it time to get used to things on its own..before long it will be fine and probably think it owns the place. And cats aren't as social as dogs are so I wouldn't worry too much about it being lonely. Trust me...a kitten finds plenty of ways to occupy itself...

• Time Time Time. He/She might be nervous at first but make sure it knows where its food,water, and litter box is and the kitten should be fine. Don't worry it will be fine. Also ragdolls r my favorite he/she is going 2 be soooooo cute! Have Fun!

• allow time each day to spend with the cat when you're home, but be careful not to intimidate it. let it come to you. remember that cats also like lots of time alone; when they want attention they usually come find you. let it get used to you by talking to it/ letting it hear your voice.

• Don't be nervous because my kitten just got used to it very soon. Your kitten might will probably just explore around the house and stuff and most cats are very independent I think and they don't get lonely at all. Just make sure nothing will hurt it of course!

• Cats DO get lonely -- contrary to common beliefs, house cats are not solitary animals. Feral cats and farm cats live in colonies. You might want to consider adopting two cats together -- especially if they will be left alone all day. They will play with each other and kep each other company.However, if you have only one cat, she (or he?) can still be happy. Your cat will probably be shy at first until it gets to know the surroundings. On the other hand, it may choose to sleep with you. This is normal for a kitten -- you are now its surrogate mother, so kittie feels safe cuddling next to you. My kitten Dusty likes to cuddle up righ in the crook of my arm -- it probably reminds her of curling up with her mother's body. If you roll around a lot in your sleep you should probably put the kittie in her cat carrier at night so you don't rol on her, but be sure to cuddle a lot while watching TV or reading a book -- she will love it!

• i got my kitty when he was 4 weeks old, they like to have lots of toys,get him or her a kitty bed,and a scratching post you WILL need that,just give it lots of love and affection,they will drive you a little crazy but that's normal for cats, good luck and happy times with your kitty.

• Cats don't get lonesome but it may get nervous in a brand new place. Supply it with CATNIP or catnip balls or other toys with catnip in it until you get back and keep it one room until it's ready to venture out all on it's own. Also you can buy your cat those cat condos that are covered with carpet with a hole or two in them to give the cat a place to play and sleep. Don't force it to interact. It will interact when it's good and ready.