Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered?

We have 3 female (spayed) cats and are considering adopting a homeless male kitten who will be neutered within the week - (they have already been introduced and get along great). I have never owned a male cat b/c I've heard they mark their territory by…

Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered?

We have 3 female (spayed) cats and are considering adopting a homeless male kitten who will be neutered within the week - (they have already been introduced and get along great). I have never owned a male cat b/c I've heard they mark their territory by…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered?...

• Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered?

Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered? Other Pet Discussions
      We have 3 female (spayed) cats and are considering adopting a homeless male kitten who will be neutered within the week - (they have already been introduced and get along great). I have never owned a male cat b/c I've heard they mark their territory by urinating. What are the chances he will start marking AFTER the neuter.

Will a male kitten who has never sprayed ever start to spray after being neutered? Other Pet Discussions
    • Chances are that if he has never done it, he wont know to do it, so you should be fine. I even have 2 males that were neutered AFTER they had already sprayed, and they don't do it now. Good luck with your new kitty!

• Little to no chance - depending on his age now. If he's still under 3 mo., then you'll have no worries. The older he gets and the closer he gets to "maturity" he'll become more likely to spray even after being neutered.If there are any "accidents," I would use Miracle to clean it up. You can find this at pretty much any pet store, and it's fairly reasonable in price.Good luck with the new kitten!

• I'd say the odds are very low. I've never heard of a male that has never sprayed starting AFTER neutering. The only time it happened with mine was when he had a urinary stone - a blockage that needed surgery. The poor kid was sick and it stopped as soon as we got him the help he needed.

• I own 2 males neither of them sprayed. One of my guys did when we moved and he had no idea where we were. I still got them neutered--because it's so important to spay and neuter your animals. After it was done they were both fine. My older one will pee here and there only if he feels threatened. Otherwise you should be fine. Take him in he needs a home and I am sure will be a wonderful addition to your family!!!

• Something like 80% of male cats who sprayed before being neutered stop spraying after it. I don't know where I got that, but I remembered it. I got my male kitten neutered at 3 months, and there is a VERY small possibility that he will spray or urinate inappropriately later on, but not enough to worry about.

• if you get it done before he starts, he probably never will if he already started depending on how long he has been doing it there is a chance he may not stop but deffinatly get him neutered anyways

• try telling that to my 15 yr old male who was neutered at the age of 3 mths..since moving to our new flat he hasn't stop spaying everywhere.inside,outside and over peoples cars.yes since we have been here he marks everyones territory and his own

• Most of the time no, if they didn't do it before, they won't do it after neutering. But as I said, MOST of the time - my mother's cat Rover started spraying when he got to be a senior for no reason at all (even the vet was stumped).