Can fish in an aquarium see the people looking at them through the glass?

When I go the the aquarium, I always wonder if the fish can see me (or the other people) looking at them.I don't mean from the open top of a small aquarium... I mean through the extremely thick glass of a public aquarium. We can see the fish, but I…

When I go the the aquarium, I always wonder if the fish can see me (or the other people) looking at them.I don't mean from the open top of a small aquarium... I mean through the extremely thick glass of a public aquarium. We can see the fish, but I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Can fish in an aquarium see the people looking at them through the glass?...

• Can fish in an aquarium see the people looking at them through the glass?

Can fish in an aquarium see the people looking at them through the glass? Other Pet Discussions
      When I go the the aquarium, I always wonder if the fish can see me (or the other people) looking at them.I don't mean from the open top of a small aquarium... I mean through the extremely thick glass of a public aquarium. We can see the fish, but I didn't think they could see us because of the way the water affects the refraction of light... or something like that.Yes I've been to an aquarium, it's not a stupid question. Again, I'm talking about looking through the VERY thick glass wall... not through the open water, or a small inhome aquarium.

Can fish in an aquarium see the people looking at them through the glass? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yes of course unless they are blind fish.If you have an aquarium or have ever been around one you should know by their reaction when you come close to the aquarium.Another stupid question if you have an aquarium or have ever been around one.

• Depends on the type of glass, lighting arangements, size of the aquarium and so on :)Sometimes glass can appear "white" from one side because of the way the water and light affect it.It also depends what direction you look at the glass.