What age is it safe to breed labrador retrievers?

I have an 8 year old male and would like to breed him, but am unsure if he is too old.

I have an 8 year old male and would like to breed him, but am unsure if he is too old....
    Other Pet Discussions : What age is it safe to breed labrador retrievers?...

• What age is it safe to breed labrador retrievers?

What age is it safe to breed labrador retrievers? Other Pet Discussions
      I have an 8 year old male and would like to breed him, but am unsure if he is too old.

What age is it safe to breed labrador retrievers? Other Pet Discussions
    • Don't breed your lab. There are MILLIONS of labs that are homeless in shelters. Goldens and labs are two of the most popular breeds. And besides, most people won't pay for labs *because* you can get them for free from anywhere.

• If you don't know the most basic things about breeding, you shouldn't breed. The only reason you would would be because you want to see some cute puppies. Has your dog been tested to make sure he has no genetic diseases that will be passed on? Where will you advertise the puppies? (the board at Walmart? I've seen that so many times...) What will you do when one of your puppies has to come back to you? Will you take it back, even if it's 5 or 6 or older? Do you have any sort of contract? Have you talked to other breeders? Can you afford to take care of the puppies until they're old enough to be sold? I get the feeling you don't know anything about breeding, therefore you should get him neutered, maybe you can prevent him getting testicular cancer (NOT a good way to go, believe me) if it's not too late.