fun services for a riding stable to offer?

I'm planning to get my instructor certification in a few months, so I'm working on a business plan and doing some brainstorming about what services I could offer. I'd be teaching beginner riding and groundwork lessons and giving pony rides, but I was…

I'm planning to get my instructor certification in a few months, so I'm working on a business plan and doing some brainstorming about what services I could offer. I'd be teaching beginner riding and groundwork lessons and giving pony rides, but I was…...
    Off Topic : fun services for a riding stable to offer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fun services for a riding stable to offer?

fun services for a riding stable to offer? Off Topic
      I'm planning to get my instructor certification in a few months, so I'm working on a business plan and doing some brainstorming about what services I could offer. I'd be teaching beginner riding and groundwork lessons and giving pony rides, but I was just wondering if there are any other services I could offer? I'd love to hear your ideas! Creative, fun, or just obvious ones that I've missed :PThanks in advance!

fun services for a riding stable to offer? Off Topic
    • If you have the land, Maybe camping trips! Or an easter egg hunt (I did that once it was so fun. We started off with a clue to go to one area of the farm and went and found an egg where the clue led us, and so on an so forth, and then clue after clue, we found a whole PILE of plastic eggs with goodies!)If you give group lessons, have an annual "Talent show" Where parents can come see what their children have learned while under your teaching methods. Ummm... Game night every second week? Musical stalls, dress up race (Two people who walk/trot their ponies to one end of the arena, dress up in the available cloths at one end and the walk/trot back to the finish line) Loved that as a kid! Simon says? Follow the leader? Trips to a lake?Halloween Dress up!! Aha Just remembered that one! Gosh my horses are like Ken and Barbie dress up dolls!

• Stable management courses, Pony Days - where kids come for the day, catch their ponies and groom them under supervision, have a flat lesson, then put their ponies away, untacking, tying up etc, then some form of stable management lecture which could cover anything from plaiting to shoeing, to health and sickness or whatever, use a couple of quiet ponies for demonstrations and practice for interest and illustration. You could hold days for different levels so that those who are more advanced are not held back, and the ones at the beginning of their walk with horses and ponies are not intimidated. Children can be boastful and bitchy!!!Riding and Road safety courses. Get yourself qualified as a teacher of it as an examiner. Teach them during one part of the day, with horses and ponies and then hold examinations afterwards. This is a vitally important part of riding education which has been neglected. We had had several fatal accidents in my area involving horses and riders when my riding club held one of these courses and it was a runaway success. I qualified as an instructor and examiner and became my club's resident Riding and Road Safety Officer.

• Sleigh rides if possible.Horse dress up days. Have some super bomb proof horses, a box of things that kids could use as horse costumes and then have a litte costume class for kids!Trail ridesBasic vaulting lessons on the lunge lineThat's all I can think of.Just be sure you talk to your lawyer and make up some legal forms to keep you safe from suing.

• Hi Frd!Congrats! Hope your a good instructor someday. :). What about:*swim days. Go swimming with the horses*endurance rides*gymkhana days*pony days*haloween parties*birthday venue*races*courses on first aid*badges. They do things to earn badges. *tag on horses. *natural horsemanship classes*movie nights. Horse movies!*making rope halters*secret santa*course on braiding manesYep thats what I got. Good luck!

• cross country, mother and child riding days,show jumping and dressage competitions,pony camps ,learn to clip, treks out on the beach , riding in the field or jumping in it, pony club games like chase me charlie where jumps go higher and higher , cat and mouse where there is on cat in the middle and the mice have to race down past them, gymkhana , hope this helped

• Hey there are some good answers here but try to think of things from your customer's perspective. What needs do they have beyond the beginner riding and ground work lessons? Grooming instruction? Competitive rider training? Horse/Stable safety lessons? Group parties?Knowing your audience is an important piece of the business plan puzzle.