How long can a cat go without eating and drinking?

My cat didn't eat for 2 days and didn't drink after her vaccines were given. Had to take her to the vet.

My cat didn't eat for 2 days and didn't drink after her vaccines were given. Had to take her to the vet....
    Other Pet Discussions : How long can a cat go without eating and drinking?...

• How long can a cat go without eating and drinking?

How long can a cat go without eating and drinking? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat didn't eat for 2 days and didn't drink after her vaccines were given. Had to take her to the vet.

How long can a cat go without eating and drinking? Other Pet Discussions
    • A full grown cat can go longer without food than it can without water. The weight can be gained back with good health,and regular eating. But if the cat has no water the organs start to shut down. and when the kidneys shut down it poisons the cat. in 3 days. So a week without food, but no longer than 2 days without water.

• I know this may sound awful, but my husband and I went away for five days and my cat was locked in the closet and we found him when we got home. He hadn't eaten or drank anything, but he was fine. We felt awful about the whole thing.

• It's actually 2 weeks a cat can go without eating and drinking. Cats are essentially desert animals, and their kidneys can concentrate urine, thereby retaining water in their bodies. It's different if they are losing water from their bodies excessively, through vomiting or diarrhoea, then they will need a vet. But in your case, it's two weeks.

• Your cat should never go longer than 3 days without water or food because their kidneys start to shut down and they can die. You should take your kitty to a vet right away. My cat was so sick once and of course it was on a Friday and all the clinic in my area were closed for the weekend, so I force fed her water and tuna juice to get her to Monday morning when I could take her to the vet. The vet said it was a good thing I did that or she might not have made it to Monday.

• Yes, you might want to atleast give the vet a call. The eating thing is ok, the drinking thing has me a little worried. Are you sure she isn't drinking? I'm sure she is getting water when you aren't watching her. If she isn't drinking that can lead to a bladder infection and when cats have bladder infections they are unhappy! That also leads to litter box accidents because they feel they always have to let urine out and will try to void in improper places. So, call your vet. Good luck with kitty...seems like the vets stressed her out.

• 2days you should take your cat to the vet if she/he don't eat for more than 2 days!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!!~~!!~!~!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~!~!!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!!!~!!~!~!~~~~~!!!!!!~~!~!~!~!!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~~~~~~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~~~~~!!!!!!!~~~~~~~!!!!!!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

• Well eating and drinking are there means to survive. But I think they can go for like 3 days or so before I would get really worried. but if it goes any longer then that I would get her back to a vet.