How do you train a kitten out of the habit of biting?

My kitten likes to give "love nips" , especially in the middle of the night. I have recognized that it is a sign of affection for him as it is tied in with him being fussed with, purring, etc. Has anyone been able to successfully re-train their kitty…

My kitten likes to give "love nips" , especially in the middle of the night. I have recognized that it is a sign of affection for him as it is tied in with him being fussed with, purring, etc. Has anyone been able to successfully re-train their kitty…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you train a kitten out of the habit of biting?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you train a kitten out of the habit of biting?

How do you train a kitten out of the habit of biting? Other Pet Discussions
      My kitten likes to give "love nips" , especially in the middle of the night. I have recognized that it is a sign of affection for him as it is tied in with him being fussed with, purring, etc. Has anyone been able to successfully re-train their kitty from this habit.

How do you train a kitten out of the habit of biting? Other Pet Discussions
    • whatever he bites, spray bitter apple spray on it. it smells and tastes bad for animals but dosn't harm them. here is the link below. they sell it in many pet stores

• I wrote an article about how to get kittens to not bite and scratch in play, based on my experience with many cats over many years. See: http://wvcats.com/biting_cat.htmFor the situation with your kitten nipping you in the middle of the night, gently, but firmly push him away while saying, "No bite!" in a firm, but not yelling voice.