What do the different noises and sounds cats make mean?

Hoping you can describe the different ones in your answer, thanks!

Hoping you can describe the different ones in your answer, thanks!...
    Other Pet Discussions : What do the different noises and sounds cats make mean?...

• What do the different noises and sounds cats make mean?

What do the different noises and sounds cats make mean? Other Pet Discussions
      Hoping you can describe the different ones in your answer, thanks!

What do the different noises and sounds cats make mean? Other Pet Discussions
    • Well if you have a cat you will learn all the different meows and what they mean. There is the hungry meow and the hello meow and the I want some lovings meow.

• My cat is noisy as *&^#. She talks whenever shes hungry, wants attention, or just like to have long meaningful meows with me, lol. Weird sound whenever she sees a bird a sort of (achk! achk!) maybe a sort of hunting sound? I dunno.

• There's three basic meows, one purr, and one hiss.The meows are happy, annoyed, and sad/hurt. You can almost always tell the meaning, like if I didn't like your hairdo, my tone of voice sort of tells you, sarcasem, disgust, etc.. (not that there's anything wrong with your hair, that was just an example.)Then the purr is usually content and happiness.And the hiss is anger, dislike, and general unhappiness.Hope this helps!I like popcorn,Alexandra

• A meow is a meow, that is not a form of sound they use when mad. A screech,hiss->hard to say what this sounds like..on one hand it can be low meow sound to start with, but dragged on to almost a low growl HISS...whish is also hard to explain, but put your top teeth barely on your bottom lip and push hair through your teeth hard, basically sounds like that..or growl->normal growl but low, and mean..usually done towards other felines or animals, youll know your cat, you will know when he/she is happy or mad. If you ever mistakingly stepped on your cats tail(I have in the middle of the night,because my cat doesnt move for anyone) you will hear him screech. Which is a noise crying out. You will definetly know, by the sound you havent heard before..and your cats body language. The way your cat meows at you when he wants food, to be petted, or just plain attention is nothing like he will sound when he is mad or in fear. Cats can also purr when they are extremely sick or dying.

• hello meow (when i get home or she is waking me up in the morning) very little vowel sound, the annoyed meow (when I am bugging her) large vowel sound and full volume, the whinny meow large vowel and medium volume (when I tell her to get down) the I'm talking meow-meow (because I can) full voice little vowel, The purr in low volume and the purrrrr when she is in full gear and slobbering and extremely excited to be petted or when kneading. The chirp when birds are outside, the Hiss and rowl when other cats are in her territory for them to get out. The yowl that i am in pain (hope not to hear that one) and worl which when i touch the top of her head and she appreciates it and looks at me like thanks i needed that. Or I love you too.