How do I keep my dog from going crazy around the house?

My dog is good most of the time but from time to time she steals food from the counter when we're home. We try to put things away but is there any way to gently deter her from countersurfing?

My dog is good most of the time but from time to time she steals food from the counter when we're home. We try to put things away but is there any way to gently deter her from countersurfing?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I keep my dog from going crazy around the house?...

• How do I keep my dog from going crazy around the house?

How do I keep my dog from going crazy around the house? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog is good most of the time but from time to time she steals food from the counter when we're home. We try to put things away but is there any way to gently deter her from countersurfing?

How do I keep my dog from going crazy around the house? Other Pet Discussions
    • Obedience training!I know it's an obvious answer, so i'll give some quick and easy tips on what you can do to help stop this behavior.1) start teaching your dog the "leave it" command. It will take about three weeks for them to start 'getting it' but after that, your life should be at least a little bit easier. A training lead and 15 minutes a day should be sufficient for training your dog this command.2) start teaching your dog what good behavior is and reward it for that. If you see your dog countersufing and it knows the 'Sit' command, try asking it to sit and then reward it for that, instead of 'rewarding' it for counter surfing by yelling at it.3) Don't give your dog table scraps, EVER - with the exception of training rewards, and *only* during training practice.4) Your dog is never old enough to start obedience training!