How do I get my horse to take a snaffle?

My horse is trained for a snaffle and Hackamore, but he won't take the snaffle. Help!

My horse is trained for a snaffle and Hackamore, but he won't take the snaffle. Help!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my horse to take a snaffle?...

• How do I get my horse to take a snaffle?

How do I get my horse to take a snaffle? Other Pet Discussions
      My horse is trained for a snaffle and Hackamore, but he won't take the snaffle. Help!

How do I get my horse to take a snaffle? Other Pet Discussions
    • Put the bit in front of your horses mouth and stick your finger in his mouth in the spot where there are no teeth and push down on his tounge. When he opens his mouth stick in the bit.They also make a thing called a bit wrap it is like a a breath strip made of molassas that you put over the bit and the horse gets to taste the sweet when he puts this bit in his mouth. You can also just smear some molassas on the bit and see if that helps.

• Maybe the snaffle pinches his mouth. Or try rubbing in in something your horselikes. i crush up treats, put a little water on the bit then rub it in the crushed treat it works wwonders. check to see if it might irritate your horse first

• flavored bit wipes are also great for coaxing a horse to take the bit. and make sure that he doesnt have a cut or tooth problem that the bit might be aggitating. has he been floated recently? and make sure its not hitting him when you put it in.