How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?

He likes dogs but not cats because he fully believes that cats carry more diseases than any other pet and that it's not healthy to have one around. Ofcourse I disagree with him because I had both cats and dogs growing up and didn't have problems with…

He likes dogs but not cats because he fully believes that cats carry more diseases than any other pet and that it's not healthy to have one around. Ofcourse I disagree with him because I had both cats and dogs growing up and didn't have problems with…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?...

• How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?

How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting? Other Pet Discussions
      He likes dogs but not cats because he fully believes that cats carry more diseases than any other pet and that it's not healthy to have one around. Ofcourse I disagree with him because I had both cats and dogs growing up and didn't have problems with either.

How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting? Other Pet Discussions
    • Cats clean themselves?? I think that's obvious. I'm not wild about cats, but it's always nice petting my friend's cat because she's so clean and soft. My dog however, I love him to death, but he's always filthy. Plus, if you vaccinate your cats, then there's not much concern for a disease now is there? Maybe he's just worried of your cats catching some diseased rodent or something and bringing it to you guys as a gift (which I think is adorable, but that's just me).

• The common household fly is actually one of the cleanest species around because they constantly clean themselves, yet there is still a general misconception that they are dirty.I suppose that is the same way for cats. I grew up with both cats and dogs, and while I prefer dogs, cats clean themselves constantly. That is why they are always hacking up hairballs.

• Well, you probably never will, it sounds like his mind is made up and no amount of oyur prodding will change it. I grew up on a farm and I can not understand peoples adversion to some animals. My wife is a city girl with her own beliefs about what animals are "dirty". to her cats and dogs are okay, but a cow is dirty...I have no problems with any of them..

• Its your personal understandings.. If he has instances wherein his friends have suffered from deseases, then he will never agree to bring cats at home.. U will have to convince him by saying that u will take the responsibility of keeping the in-house people healthy along with the cat..

• he is just saying that because cats are prissy little a-holes of a species, they lounge around all day, scratch everything, including husbands, shed everywhere, and are about as loyal as a piece of raw meat.they think they own the house, when its us who are buying their food and scooping their crap out of a smelly box, while they take up your lapspace and attention, not to mention your affection.so basically, he dosnt want to tell you that he hates cats, because women who like cats, dont like men who hate them.

• I don't think you can convince him because he is right. They do carry diseases and can give you ring worms. They are not safe to be around pregnant women nor children.Please help control the unwanted pet population. Have your animal spayed or neutered

• Maybe try doing some research and finding scientific studies that prove that cats do not harvest more diseases than dogs. You can also consult a veterinarian in your area and book an appointment to have them discuss it with your husband. By taking the rational/educated approach he cannot argue that you are being emotional about getting a cat or are making things up.And of course, if all else fails, bring a ferret home and let him realize how clean cats really are in comparison :).