What are things to look for when purchasing american bulldogs?

I am a young college student with little money. My girl wants a puppy so I figured I'd buy her one but its alot more diffcult to go about than I though. Please help me with some guidelines for going about buying puppies? A couple I need specifically1)…

I am a young college student with little money. My girl wants a puppy so I figured I'd buy her one but its alot more diffcult to go about than I though. Please help me with some guidelines for going about buying puppies? A couple I need specifically1)…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are things to look for when purchasing american bulldogs?...

• What are things to look for when purchasing american bulldogs?

What are things to look for when purchasing american bulldogs? Other Pet Discussions
      I am a young college student with little money. My girl wants a puppy so I figured I'd buy her one but its alot more diffcult to go about than I though. Please help me with some guidelines for going about buying puppies? A couple I need specifically1) Wheres a good place to look?2) What are good price ranges?3) What is registering? I notice some sellers say they are registed and other stuffThanks.

What are things to look for when purchasing american bulldogs? Other Pet Discussions
    • Go to the American Kennel Club (AKC) web site and there you will be able to check out a list of breeders, and guide lines for what to look for. It is good to have a registered dog that means that it is not mixed breeds (mut) Also find a good Vet and ask him, Prices range depending on the blood lines, Contact the AKC and they can help you find the right dog and the right breeder to buy from. Don't Buy the first dog you see look around, GO to the breeder or kennel, and if it is a CLEAN facility and LOOK at the puppy's and adult dogs and if they look healthy then you are most likely to get a healthy dog. But your best bet is contact the AKC and a reputable Vet.

• I understand you want a dog. I don't blame you! However, please keep in mind that the money you come up with to buy the dog is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be food, supplies and vet bills to pay, as well as dog licenses, etc.If you are determined, I found a website for you, that lists American Bulldog Association Sanctioned Clubs. I urge you to find the one nearest you and contact them. They should be able to advise you further. Also, if there are any dog shows in your area, you may want to plan on attending and speak with people who are showing this breed. Responsible breeders and owners should always be willing to answer questions.Here's a link: http://www.american-bulldog.com/ABA_Clubs.htmGood luck! :)

• 1: "Dog world" or local newspapers are good place to start. Make sure you are dealing with good breeders. 2: Good price range will be $ 500.00 and up. Good breeders will check health of their dogs before breeding. ( Ex: OFA) these things cost money. puppies will cost more for buyer, but there are less chance your pup will have problems. 3: Actually, American Bulldog is a rare breed. I don't think AKC register them.When seller said it's registed, There dog might registed with one of these clubs: NABA , UKC, NKC, ARBA, ABA, ABCA , and hundread small clubs and registries.