How long does it take for a puppies bladder to fully develop?

I have a puppy about 8 weeks old. I know she is a puppy and I am crate training her right now. But does anyone know how long till they are mature enough to control themselves. Any information will be helpful, thanks.

I have a puppy about 8 weeks old. I know she is a puppy and I am crate training her right now. But does anyone know how long till they are mature enough to control themselves. Any information will be helpful, thanks....
    Other Pet Discussions : How long does it take for a puppies bladder to fully develop?...

• How long does it take for a puppies bladder to fully develop?

How long does it take for a puppies bladder to fully develop? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a puppy about 8 weeks old. I know she is a puppy and I am crate training her right now. But does anyone know how long till they are mature enough to control themselves. Any information will be helpful, thanks.

How long does it take for a puppies bladder to fully develop? Other Pet Discussions
    • Depends on how smart they are, or how stubborn. It can take up to six months. A rule of thumb is they can hold it for one more hour than the months they are old (ie 1 month, can hold for 2 hours) but thats only if you take them out and they actually GO #1 and #2 each time.

• The amount of hours a puppy can hold its bowels is approximately equal to the number of months of its age. For example, if a puppy is 5 months old, then it can usually hold for 5 hours. This is true until the puppy is 10 months old, when 10 hours is the maximum time for any age. However, some breeds, especially the basset hound and many of the toy breeds are harder to housebreak than others. If a puppy seems not to be able to hold it very long (e.g. only 1 hour when they are 1 year old), then the puppy should be examined for bladder problems by a vet.