How can I get my 4 year old dog to get along with our puppy?

They are both males. The older one is 4 and fixed. The puppy is 3.5 months. We have had the 4 year old for 2 years and the puppy for 2 months.

They are both males. The older one is 4 and fixed. The puppy is 3.5 months. We have had the 4 year old for 2 years and the puppy for 2 months....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my 4 year old dog to get along with our puppy?...

• How can I get my 4 year old dog to get along with our puppy?

How can I get my 4 year old dog to get along with our puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      They are both males. The older one is 4 and fixed. The puppy is 3.5 months. We have had the 4 year old for 2 years and the puppy for 2 months.

How can I get my 4 year old dog to get along with our puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • The older one is used to being the only dog. He is confused or thinks that the puppy is there to take his palce. Show your older dog more affection and attention. If you show him that you still love him and that the puppy isn't there to take his place, he should do better. Puppies need alot more attention and are so cute. Your older dog may feel left out. Try taking both dogs out in the yard. Play with your older dog and show him that he can show the younger one the ropes so to speak. That will give your older dog a reason to warm up to the younger one. Good luck. Hope this helps.