What kinda fishes can i have with low maintenance?

I do know the Siamese Fighting fish don't even need an air pump but what other kinda more social fishes are there which i can just have with some plants without any airpump or something.

I do know the Siamese Fighting fish don't even need an air pump but what other kinda more social fishes are there which i can just have with some plants without any airpump or something....
    Other Pet Discussions : What kinda fishes can i have with low maintenance?...

• What kinda fishes can i have with low maintenance?

What kinda fishes can i have with low maintenance? Other Pet Discussions
      I do know the Siamese Fighting fish don't even need an air pump but what other kinda more social fishes are there which i can just have with some plants without any airpump or something.

What kinda fishes can i have with low maintenance? Other Pet Discussions
    • Beta's are pretty good. I have one and it requires very little maintenance. Just feed it once a day and change half of the water once a week, but be sure that the water is room temperature before you place it in the bowl with the fish. Also, be sure to purchase a bottle of cleaner intended for a Beta's habitat. Good luck.

• Betas would be the best for low maintenance, as water quality isn't a big issue. They can surface and breath air if their water is in bad shape and they are cheap. They don't need a lot of room. They are hardy, and are a lot cleaner than most other fresh water fish. Goldfish are very dirty fish and need a lot of work to keep the quality of their water up.

• Hey there,OK - ignore those that don't know that a Siamese fighting fish and a Beta are the same thing...If you are going with no air pump, you have basically one other choice... Plecostomus (Pleco's). The Benefit: It keeps your tank clean.Cheers.Jase

• THE EASIEST FISH TO KEEP HANDS DOWN IS A BETTA.Gold fish neep gravel cleaned at lest 1x a week. guppies and other live bearers should have heater and filters as well as air pump or other device to oxygenate water.bettas can be kept in a small bowl (1 litter(quart) or smaller) the bigger the better. they dont need companions. they dont need heaters - if your comfortable they are fine.as long as you dont overfeed them the water doesnt need changed very often - and when it does its only a quart or so.get youself a male betta (about $3.50 us) and enjoy

• ARGH!!!!.....No No NO!!!!....Bettas are labrynth fish.....they are AIR BREATHERS!!!! But air pumps are mostly a choice thing....most fish can live without one.....they pretty much all need a filter and sometimes a heater......and yes Bettas thrive with both....go for your tetras....though all your fish are going to require some maintence.....you need an air pump if your going to have live plants thoughAs for bettas in small bowls.....just because you can keep them there doesn't mean you should.....that really aggrivates me.....1 male betta needs at least a 5 gallon if not more.....I have mine in a 10 gallon with 7 Neon Tetras and 2 Otos (midget suckermouth cats)Don't get confused......Filters are a must - Air pumps Optional - Heaters a must