What's the difference between a labrador and a labrador retriever?

Cause I thought they were 2 seperate breeds, but my friends say that they're the same thing. I usually know more about dogs than my friends, but this time I'm not so sure. Are they different breeds? And if they are, what's so different about them?

Cause I thought they were 2 seperate breeds, but my friends say that they're the same thing. I usually know more about dogs than my friends, but this time I'm not so sure. Are they different breeds? And if they are, what's so different about them?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What's the difference between a labrador and a labrador retriever?...

• What's the difference between a labrador and a labrador retriever?

What's the difference between a labrador and a labrador retriever? Other Pet Discussions
      Cause I thought they were 2 seperate breeds, but my friends say that they're the same thing. I usually know more about dogs than my friends, but this time I'm not so sure. Are they different breeds? And if they are, what's so different about them?

What's the difference between a labrador and a labrador retriever? Other Pet Discussions
    • they are the same breed no different from each other. some people just add the retriever to the labrador some times. Like boxers are boxers but sometimes people call them boxer bulldogs cause of the pug noses, but they aren't.the only different breeds of labs are the colors like chocolate or golden.