How often should my puppy sleep a day?

I have an 8 week old Maltipoo who sleeps alot. Whenever I take her out to play, she is sleeping. But when she comes home, she's very hyper. I'm just wondering if she is sick or not with all that sleeping!

I have an 8 week old Maltipoo who sleeps alot. Whenever I take her out to play, she is sleeping. But when she comes home, she's very hyper. I'm just wondering if she is sick or not with all that sleeping!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How often should my puppy sleep a day?...

• How often should my puppy sleep a day?

How often should my puppy sleep a day? Other Pet Discussions
      I have an 8 week old Maltipoo who sleeps alot. Whenever I take her out to play, she is sleeping. But when she comes home, she's very hyper. I'm just wondering if she is sick or not with all that sleeping!

How often should my puppy sleep a day? Other Pet Discussions
    • It's normal for puppies to sleep A LOT sometimes, nothing out of the ordinary. As long as she seems happy and normal when she's awake I don't think there's anything to worry about. You can always ask the vet next time you go just to get their opinion on it though

• Puppies sleep a LOT. Just like young children they need naps. Even older dogs will sleep a lot. As long as she has plenty of energy when she is actually awake then everything sounds like it's ok. If she seems groggy all the time and doesn't want to play, then I would be worried about Parvo or something else. Just keep an eye on her and if she has any other signs then you might take her to a vet. Without seeing her in person it's hard to tell but I am guessing from what you have said that she is just fine.

• It is normal for a puppy to sleep a lot during the day.They are growing very rapidly(even toy dogs)most will be physically mature by the age of one in toy breeds.As long as she has her active moments and is eating and drinking normally-no diarrhea or vomiting I would not be concerned.The one thing though with small young toy breeds is make sure you are feeding her at least three small meals a day til she is 3months of age. They have a hard time regulating their sugar levels and can become hypoglycemic.

• A lot of sleeping (literally all day) is perfectly normal for puppies. Just think of how much your puppy grows in a week. She does most of this growing while she's sleeping.As long as she's alert, cheerful, and willing to play when she is awake, I don't think you have anything to worry about. In fact, one of the best ways to determine if a dog is getting enough exercise is to ask yourself: Is this a dog who is sleeping or relaxed all day when I'm not playing with her, or does she destroy things or run crazily all the time?