What is the best home remedy for killing ants?

There are literally thousands of giant black ants on our property and my puppy always sits on them and gets bit.I know hot water works well, but it takes too long to heat the water. Raid is expensive and I got pets so they could poison my dogs. I need to…

There are literally thousands of giant black ants on our property and my puppy always sits on them and gets bit.I know hot water works well, but it takes too long to heat the water. Raid is expensive and I got pets so they could poison my dogs. I need to…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best home remedy for killing ants?...

• What is the best home remedy for killing ants?

What is the best home remedy for killing ants? Other Pet Discussions
      There are literally thousands of giant black ants on our property and my puppy always sits on them and gets bit.I know hot water works well, but it takes too long to heat the water. Raid is expensive and I got pets so they could poison my dogs. I need to pour something down the ant hills so it kills the queen and the whole damn colony.

What is the best home remedy for killing ants? Other Pet Discussions
    • coffee works miracles, but if its alarge scale problem theres this maroon colord bag at the home depot, it kills abunch of bugs especially ants its about 7 buckas and last a loong time you'll know becuase the stuff looks like coffee too

• try some random aerosol spray.... OHH!!! and then light them on fire!!! that would be awesome!!!or maybe try something acidic like soda or vinegar or something.ahh man i could get so creative with this.you could even just smash them with a flyswatter or something.

• you could use dawn liquid detergent, or liquid clothes soap. also, put your pets inside for a day or two or inside in a pet carrying cage in air conditioning , buy some 7 dust...it's petty good stuff but be careful....good luck..

• Trust me, the best stuff is TERRO, for in the house and outside. Its liquid, and does not kill the ants instantly, but they will carry it back to their "queen" and the infect other ants and kill them, it only takes a few days for them to spred it and kill a colony.