What are some aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups?

I'm planning on buying an aquarium and I was hoping someone out there would give me a list of aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups like piranhas, cichlids and bucktooth tetras. Is there a small fresh water fish out there that doesn't grow as…

I'm planning on buying an aquarium and I was hoping someone out there would give me a list of aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups like piranhas, cichlids and bucktooth tetras. Is there a small fresh water fish out there that doesn't grow as…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are some aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups?...

• What are some aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups?

What are some aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm planning on buying an aquarium and I was hoping someone out there would give me a list of aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups like piranhas, cichlids and bucktooth tetras. Is there a small fresh water fish out there that doesn't grow as big as a piranha but possesses teeth big enough to tear apart another fish and hunts in big groups? I would really appreciate it! And please, don't give me the names of the fish I just listed on top! Thank you!

What are some aggressive fresh water fish that hunt in groups? Other Pet Discussions
    • Paranah is the only one I know of, y don't u get Siamese fighting fish? They have to be seperAte but if ur planning to fight them or get small fish and big fish so the big ones eat little

• Well technically neon tetras hunt in groups and have teeth just as sharp as their larger piranha cousins, and they could tear apart another fish if they were that hungry. However because we keep them well fed, they don't bother to hunt for their food. In the aquarium even the three examples you gave above are not inclined to always hunt for their food, if they've been well fed.A fish you might like is the electric catfish. A tank with some two inchers would be really cute and they stay smaller than piranha which can in some species grow well over a foot. In the aquarium, electric catfish grow slowly and rarely reach a foot long. They will take earthworms and other live food from your fingers and you can feel a little electrical tingle when they do. They prefer food that they can swallow whole, but if a fish is too large to swallow, they can flash cook it electrically and then eat the pieces.Fish like the ones you mentioned and the electric catfish are popular in college dorms, and their behaviors are natural and interesting, but please be a responsible fish keeper. If you decide to keep fish like these, commit to providing them long term care, even after their novelty wears off. Thank you.