What is a easy way to teach a horse to neck rein?

I break horses but have trouble teaching them how to neck rein, I was wondering if someone can give me some tips!

I break horses but have trouble teaching them how to neck rein, I was wondering if someone can give me some tips!...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a easy way to teach a horse to neck rein?...

• What is a easy way to teach a horse to neck rein?

What is a easy way to teach a horse to neck rein? Other Pet Discussions
      I break horses but have trouble teaching them how to neck rein, I was wondering if someone can give me some tips!

What is a easy way to teach a horse to neck rein? Other Pet Discussions
    • Well, how I do this, with no harm to the horse. Say you want to turn left. I pull left hand up and apply rein pressure to the neck, may be slight bit draw too when first starting. In my right hand I have a stick. I wave the stick to the right of their head, like a mild Spook. They move left. Sometimes I hit their shoulder with my right knee as I wave the stick. In time usually 2 days they start to understand. I not use the Stick in a short time and/or knee. Do use some Voice. Sometimes I give the Yee and Haw (Personal preference words) commands To teach what I say. Soon they just feel the Rein lightly without bit pressure and turn. I can also say Yee or Haw and just give a loose rein. Hope this helps, I know it may sound weird. You should see what I do to teach them to sit, really fun experience. :-p

• Some people will use horsehair reins for this part of the training, the reins are prickly but not so much that they hurt, and the horse learns to yield to them.

• watch rfdtv or if u have a local trainer ask them other wise if you have any prior knowlege use it im only 14 and ive been training horses all my life but i know alot about them so just try it on your own and remember the best way to teach a horse is to teach it to fit you not any one else

• well, I've trained a horse to neck rein and this is how i did it: say you want to turn right. you put the left rein on the horse's neck with a little pressure and pull on and out the right rein from the neck.