Best way to clean tank previously used for fish to be used for reptiles?

I have a somewhat dirty tank that was previously used for fish of some sort and would like to clean it for a gecko. I heard vinegar is a good way to clean it, but is there a safer/better way?

I have a somewhat dirty tank that was previously used for fish of some sort and would like to clean it for a gecko. I heard vinegar is a good way to clean it, but is there a safer/better way?...
    Other Pet Discussions : Best way to clean tank previously used for fish to be used for reptiles?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best way to clean tank previously used for fish to be used for reptiles?

Best way to clean tank previously used for fish to be used for reptiles? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a somewhat dirty tank that was previously used for fish of some sort and would like to clean it for a gecko. I heard vinegar is a good way to clean it, but is there a safer/better way?

Best way to clean tank previously used for fish to be used for reptiles? Other Pet Discussions
    • Vinegar will get it clean.To kill off most of the germs, use a reptile safe cleaner or bleach and water. There are directions on bleach bottles that tell you how much bleach to water to use to let it set. Then leave the tank in the sun for a day to dry out completely. That will allow all of the chlorine to dissipate so that it won't harm your gecko.