How much is it to get my little turtle treated for swollen eyes?

I noticed last night that one of the two had its eyes swollen, today it got better. They have right temperature, but don't get much sunlight lately cause it's too cloudy. Anyhow, if the swollen eyes come back, I want to try to get it to the vet. How much…

I noticed last night that one of the two had its eyes swollen, today it got better. They have right temperature, but don't get much sunlight lately cause it's too cloudy. Anyhow, if the swollen eyes come back, I want to try to get it to the vet. How much…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How much is it to get my little turtle treated for swollen eyes?...

• How much is it to get my little turtle treated for swollen eyes?

How much is it to get my little turtle treated for swollen eyes? Other Pet Discussions
      I noticed last night that one of the two had its eyes swollen, today it got better. They have right temperature, but don't get much sunlight lately cause it's too cloudy. Anyhow, if the swollen eyes come back, I want to try to get it to the vet. How much could this cost to cure it with antibiotics if it's an infection or with vitamin A injection for vitamin deficiency?

How much is it to get my little turtle treated for swollen eyes? Other Pet Discussions
    • If it's cloudy, why aren't you using artificial UV lights?? UV is essential. It sounds like a vitamin A deficiency. One trick is to rub his shell and skin with over the counter Castor oil once a week. That's what we do for our 2 turtles. I would get the lights and try the Castor Oil before calling a vet.

• Before you do anything, try feeding the turtles liver. If the problem is a vitamin A deficiency, that should correct it and continued feeding will prevent recurrence. If the problem is an infection or irritation, try irrigating the eyes with a solution of boric acid. If neither treatment works, call your vet to ask about costs. I trust that you have found a reptile vet.