What is the difference between lorikeets and parakeets?

What is really the difference between the two? I went to busch gardens and those two were there. So I was wondering the difference. Also is there allot of difference between lorikeets,parakeets and hornbills?

What is really the difference between the two? I went to busch gardens and those two were there. So I was wondering the difference. Also is there allot of difference between lorikeets,parakeets and hornbills?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the difference between lorikeets and parakeets?...

• What is the difference between lorikeets and parakeets?

What is the difference between lorikeets and parakeets? Other Pet Discussions
      What is really the difference between the two? I went to busch gardens and those two were there. So I was wondering the difference. Also is there allot of difference between lorikeets,parakeets and hornbills?

What is the difference between lorikeets and parakeets? Other Pet Discussions
    • There´s not a objetive differences between theses terms. Mostly is due to use. Lorikeets ir refered basically to the small medium sitacine species from asia.and oceania like the genres:Tricolossus. parakeets is commonly used for american small or medium sitacine species like the genres Brotogeris, Bolborinchus and Myiopsitta.Check out this links:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lories_and_lorikeetshttp://www.1aviary.com/birds/Parrakeets.asp

• A parakeet is a term for many different small sized parrot species, that usually have long-tail feathers. The term does not imply an actual relationship between the different species.Lorikeets are small to medium-sized parrots which. They are all over Australia and asia and the majority have very brightly colored plumage.

• Lorikeets are hookbills that survive on a mostly nectar and fruit diet. They will die if given a seed diet. They come from Australia.Budgies are also from Australia. They are a small hookbill that eats seeds, insects, grasses, and fruit. They come from the desert reigions of Oz and their full name accually means "good to eat."