How can I keep two cats from eating each others food?

I live in an apartment with two cats. One is older (about 8 yrs) and one is younger (1 yr). The older cat has his own special food that he needs and he continues to sneak and eat the younger cats food. I understand the younger cat's food tastes better…

I live in an apartment with two cats. One is older (about 8 yrs) and one is younger (1 yr). The older cat has his own special food that he needs and he continues to sneak and eat the younger cats food. I understand the younger cat's food tastes better…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I keep two cats from eating each others food?...

• How can I keep two cats from eating each others food?

How can I keep two cats from eating each others food? Other Pet Discussions
      I live in an apartment with two cats. One is older (about 8 yrs) and one is younger (1 yr). The older cat has his own special food that he needs and he continues to sneak and eat the younger cats food. I understand the younger cat's food tastes better than his but the older cat NEEDS to eat his vet required food. I have tried to hide the food from the older cat but the younger cat's food is always gone and the older cat's food is untouched. I feel bad about my younger cat and not eating enough. What can I do to help teach the older cat to not eat the younger one's food.

How can I keep two cats from eating each others food? Other Pet Discussions
    • The only thing I would think you could do, because the older cat probably won't learn how to not eat out of the other cats bowl is to feed them in separate rooms. and when the younger cat is done with his food, make sure you take it away if there is any left before opening the door so the older cat can't get to it.Good luck