How do you stop a cat from scratching the walls?

What is a good way to keep a cat from scratching at the walls? I have scratching posts for him that he uses, but he also scratches the walls and I would like to stop him from doing that.

What is a good way to keep a cat from scratching at the walls? I have scratching posts for him that he uses, but he also scratches the walls and I would like to stop him from doing that....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you stop a cat from scratching the walls?...

• How do you stop a cat from scratching the walls?

How do you stop a cat from scratching the walls? Other Pet Discussions
      What is a good way to keep a cat from scratching at the walls? I have scratching posts for him that he uses, but he also scratches the walls and I would like to stop him from doing that.

How do you stop a cat from scratching the walls? Other Pet Discussions
    • Put some catnip on the scratching post, consider getting more scratching posts, put carpet on the walls so he can scratch it, or put tape on the walls so he gets irritated by the tape sticking to his hands and goes away.

• Try one of these methods:1. Tape large pieces of aluminum foil to these areas2. Place very sticky double-sided tape (like packing tape) on these areas

• make sure the post you have is tall. dennis kept at walls until i noticed he liked the stretch. i went to walmart and got a floor to cieling post i left the bottom seat area out when i assembled it. he has a 5 foot span to the middle seat and he uses it now. it was 35 bucks i see them for lots more try your walmart.