How can I find free pet vaccinations and spading in my area?

I have a 3 month siamese kitten that was found and given to my daughter now I'm looking to find how to find vaccinations and spading her.

I have a 3 month siamese kitten that was found and given to my daughter now I'm looking to find how to find vaccinations and spading her....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I find free pet vaccinations and spading in my area?...

• How can I find free pet vaccinations and spading in my area?

How can I find free pet vaccinations and spading in my area? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 3 month siamese kitten that was found and given to my daughter now I'm looking to find how to find vaccinations and spading her.

How can I find free pet vaccinations and spading in my area? Other Pet Discussions
    • try calling your local SPCA and see if there are any vet clinics or low cost spading programs available. depending were you are located you can try to find an agency like forgotten felines. got my cats done for around $50 and that included the shots.

• I haven't heard of any free ones. But I'd suggest you'd go to the local Hummane shelter and see if you can get a list of the Vets that they "un-officially" suggest to go to. Then call around to see the lowest price. The only time I've heard of a free one is if you get an animal from the shelter itself. Though, if you get someone in a good mood the Hummane shelter would be the best place to try to get a free voucher...

• Most cities/counties have a humane society or a animal shelter. They can direct you to their spay /vaccination programs.. In my area they have Free spay clinics about once a year.. Look under "county governemnt." Usually that's who runs the humane society or animal shelter.. Good Luck!

• Your best source of this information will be your local ASPCA or Humane society. But, most places don't offer anything for free, it will most likely be low cost. You can get on line and order the basic kitten vaccinations and administer them for yourself - she will need at least two shots, 21 days apart. You can also purchase the feline leukemia vaccine to administer. Check out Fosters and Smith website, they are very helpful in their instructions. I foster animals for a rescue group, and we administer all our own vaccinations to cut down on costs. As long as she is healthy with no signs of anything wrong, you can do this. You will also want to get a dewormer, and again it's a 2 step dose, 3 weeks apart. Then when she is 4 mos old, you need to take her to the vet for her rabies vaccination. What you can do, so the vet will know what you have administered yourself, is peel the label off the vial the vaccination is in, and stick that on a piece of paper and note the date given next to it. I give my animals (all 5) their own vaccinations, with the exception of Rabies, as most state laws require that to be administered by a vet.