What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present?

I think it's disgusting. Sweden is doing this even though it is against EU rules because there are not enough wolves in Sweden, they were nearly driven to extinction before. I think there are about 200 wolves in the entire country now.Maybe this is the…

What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present?

I think it's disgusting. Sweden is doing this even though it is against EU rules because there are not enough wolves in Sweden, they were nearly driven to extinction before. I think there are about 200 wolves in the entire country now.Maybe this is the…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present?...

• What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present?

What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present? Other Pet Discussions
      I think it's disgusting. Sweden is doing this even though it is against EU rules because there are not enough wolves in Sweden, they were nearly driven to extinction before. I think there are about 200 wolves in the entire country now.Maybe this is the wrong section but dogs and wolves are more or less of the same animal family, I think.

What do you think of the official State sponsored wolf cull going on in Sweden at present? Other Pet Discussions
    • I'm of the opinion that animals should be allowed to be animals. If they threaten other animal populations or humans (by diseases or attacks) then I feel it is okay to take action but otherwise who are they hurting?There are, or were, about 250 wolves in Sweden. The government have decided that there should be about 210. There is a problem in the country with inbreeding amongs wolves and they have plans to "import" wolves from other countries as it will help them become more resistant to diseases and malformities (is that a word in English?)It is not against EU rules however a complaint has been made to the EU parliament about how the Swedish government went about on dealing with the recent wolf hunt, basically saying it was too unorganised and there were too many people allowed to hunt only 27 wolves which could have lead to more being killed accidentally than the allowed amount

• I hate it! I want to shoot the people who are shooting the wolves!! I mean, we don't have that many wolves here in sweden anyways and now they're going to shoot them? it doesn't make any sense you can't even eat the meat.. just a total waste. and wolves are such amazing creature. you shouldn't shoot animals if they're already small in numbers(I mean 250 is not that much, not enough anyways!). all the sheep farmers should learn how to build fences around their cattle! of course the wolves will take the sheeps how could they know they're not supposed to? so disappointed in our government :(sÃ¥ jävla besviken pÃ¥ min egen regering, varför liksom? vargar är sÃ¥ himla fina djur och det finns ju inte ens särskilt mÃ¥nga här i sverige, sÃ¥ varför skjuta dom? det är ju tillochmed emot EUs regler, men nej, varför skulle det stoppa vÃ¥ran regering? fyfan alltsÃ¥ jag blir bara sÃ¥ jäkla ledsen :((