How many people have dogs and there dogs have seizures?

How many of you have a dog or dogs with seizures?

How many of you have a dog or dogs with seizures?...
    General Dog Discussions : How many people have dogs and there dogs have seizures?...

• How many people have dogs and there dogs have seizures?

How many people have dogs and there dogs have seizures? General Dog Discussions
      How many of you have a dog or dogs with seizures?

How many people have dogs and there dogs have seizures? General Dog Discussions
    • I have a cocker / jack mix who was born with cerrabellar hypoplasia. When she get too overly excited when playing she will have a seizure. The Vet said she doesnt need to be put on medication because they are "triggered" seizures due to playing and getting too excited, but if they were seizures due to a known medical condition that actually "causes" seizures then he would consider the meds. WEIRD. I always thought a seizure was a seizure.

• I have a 13 - year- old Australian shep/Lab/Chow mix who has been having seizures since she was 12 weeks old.She takes phenobarbitol daily,and when she has a bad seizure,I have a prescription for injectable valium to give to her.She's very happy otherwise,and the older she gets,the less severe her seizures have become.

• our JRT has seizures and we give him Phenobarbitol daily along with his insulin injections for diabetes. We have to guide him around as he is going blind from the diabetes, BUT he is the happiest dog I've seen in a long time. He still likes to "go for a ride" in the car even though he can't see a thing. He knows he is in the car and remembers enjoying it before. Besides I think he just likes being with us ALL the time. Good Luck!