What is so dangerous about Greenies for dogs?

My dogs love Greenies but everyone says not to give them to your dog. Have alot of dogs died from them? Do they not digest?

My dogs love Greenies but everyone says not to give them to your dog. Have alot of dogs died from them? Do they not digest?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is so dangerous about Greenies for dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is so dangerous about Greenies for dogs?

What is so dangerous about Greenies for dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My dogs love Greenies but everyone says not to give them to your dog. Have alot of dogs died from them? Do they not digest?

What is so dangerous about Greenies for dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Greenies supposedly are 100% digestible..... However, I have dogs and stopped giving this to them because it would come out the same way it went in. Greenies company put out a statement that you should never give them a greenie without supervision. WHICH SHOULD BE TRUE FOR ANY TREATS OR BONES, ETC. But... I ALWAYS watch my dogs eat them and when they get a chunk off, they want to swallow. Therefore setting them up for the possible blockage. I will NEVER feed my dogs these treats! IF something is 100% digestible, their body should be able to break this up. So, this statement is false. I don't know how they didn't get sued for false advertisement.

• i work at a pet store, this news has been trafficking in and out. greenies good, greenies bad. what? this is the truth. greenies are made in lots of sizes specifically for each dog by pound. the dog should only have one greenie for its size a day. people were feeding little dogs giant greenies and feeding more than one a day. this was causing problems will digesting all that at once. its like people you only drink one glass of milk at a time, if you drink a whole gallon your gonna get sick. check out thetruthaboutgreenies.com

• One of the dangers of Greenies is that some dogs gulp down whole Greenies or pieces of Greenies and choke to death or the Greenie fails to be digested further down in the digestive tract. However, even dogs that chew Greenies properly have been killed by them. It appears that Greenies do not always break down in the stomach or intestines like other foods do. If you look at the ingredients in Greenies, you can see why they might become stuck in the digestive tract. The first ingredient is wheat gluten, which is the gluey stuff that makes certain grains sticky (gluten holds bread together and makes oatmeal gummy). Apparently what happens when dogs choke is the Greenie becomes "like cement" in the esophagus and gets stuck. Or it may swell up further down in the digestive tract and become stuck there. The complete ingredient list is: Processed wheat gluten, glycerin, natural flavor, powdered cellulose, monosodium phosphate, monoglycerides of edible fatty acids, magnesium stearate and chlorophyll. always be careful in giving dogs certain treats, but i have a saint bernard that almost died from greenies getting lodged in the esophagus and i will never chance this again.

• Let me tell you Greenies is very dangerous. Go to CNN.com search for greenies and watch the video about them. (very sad) I heard about another source. I have been giving my Shitzu dental treats from companiondental.com. Best money I have ever spent. They sell all natural dental treats. I use this product monthly and my dog & his breath & teeth look amazing. Check it out you won't regret it. Spread the word. PS: they ship to your door monthly.