How to keep your dogs at home?

I live two miles from town and they run into town. I have tied them up for awhile trying to teach them, but now avail. Any ideas to keep them at home?I have three dogs. They are Mom, Dad, and daughter. They are labs.To all of you worried people, my dogs…

I live two miles from town and they run into town. I have tied them up for awhile trying to teach them, but now avail. Any ideas to keep them at home?I have three dogs. They are Mom, Dad, and daughter. They are labs.To all of you worried people, my dogs…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How to keep your dogs at home?...

• How to keep your dogs at home?

How to keep your dogs at home? Other Pet Discussions
      I live two miles from town and they run into town. I have tied them up for awhile trying to teach them, but now avail. Any ideas to keep them at home?I have three dogs. They are Mom, Dad, and daughter. They are labs.To all of you worried people, my dogs are fixed! And they are not mistreated!

How to keep your dogs at home? Other Pet Discussions
    • By having them in the house when you aren't outside to supervise them.Be sure and get all dogs fixed. When daughter goes into heat, dad will impregnate her, and you REALLY don't want to be that irresponsible as to let that happen.

• Labs will run they want to hunt. Also you have three dogs running and they will get into trouble. I hope you have had them fixed by now...including mother and daughter, and daddy. As they will mate or find a mate when in heat. Put up a fence. Keep them inside, or in a crate for short periods of time. And tying them up to teach them..teach them what? Dogs are not like people....they are pack animals and want to roam and hunt. So get a fence chain link, or just as good and it is your job to keep them there and take them and get them so exercise so maybe they will not be to keen on running much.

• Same way every other responsible dog owner does -you keep them in the house with you or on leash or in a fenced area when they are outside.This isn't news - dogs cannot be allowed to run off like that, they will get run over or impounded - what are you thinking of??? This is YOUR responsibility as a dog owner -and you cannot just "tie them up to teach them" - it just makes them mean.Keep them in the house or on leash --- where have you been that you don't know about leash laws.