Is there a way to keep my cat from eating my plants?

I'd like to do it naturally, without using those sprays you can get at pet stores.I know some plants are poisonous, I don't have those. I can't so much as bring home fresh flowers. Also, I've tried the grass. He likes it, but it's no distraction.

I'd like to do it naturally, without using those sprays you can get at pet stores.I know some plants are poisonous, I don't have those. I can't so much as bring home fresh flowers. Also, I've tried the grass. He likes it, but it's no distraction....
    Other Pet Discussions : Is there a way to keep my cat from eating my plants?...

• Is there a way to keep my cat from eating my plants?

Is there a way to keep my cat from eating my plants? Other Pet Discussions
      I'd like to do it naturally, without using those sprays you can get at pet stores.I know some plants are poisonous, I don't have those. I can't so much as bring home fresh flowers. Also, I've tried the grass. He likes it, but it's no distraction.

Is there a way to keep my cat from eating my plants? Other Pet Discussions
    • There is a special grass that you can by for cats that is suppose to help stop them from eating your other plants. Cats need to eat some veggies to help them with their digestive track. I have given up trying to stop my cat personally.You could also try getting a catnip plant for your cat to see if that distracts it.

• Some plants are poisonous to cats. You really need to keep the plants out of reach, if possible. There are sprays you can buy that the cat won't like the smell. the greens are also a good idea.

• If you see him chewing on the leaves, squirt him with some water or make a loud noise to discourage him. Try this for a week and watch the results. If that doesn't work, try a little something extra. After you spritz him, put him in a small room (bathroom) for a few minutes. If even that doesn't work, I know there is something natural, like an herb, to repel them, but I'm not sure what it is... I'm going to the cat shelter in two days and can reach some information on it there, so try those ways and hang in there a while. I'll be back on Saturday or sunday with more help ;-).EDIT:I went to the shelter and looked it up - a mizture of hot pepper and water spritzed onto the leaves is another way to discourage him. It won't harm the plants and he won't like it so he'll stop it. Hope that helps! :)

• Have you tried hanging your plants out of reach, from the ceiling or something? sounds like a stubborn cat and I am sure he/she knows you do not like it. When my cat acts up like that I distract her with a toy and she forgets what she was doing prior. I never liked the idea of squirting the cat.