Are there any good dog parks for small dogs in the dallas area?

I have a 10 pound maltese, and I want to take her to a dog park... I have heard that dog parks normally have a lot of large dogs, so I want to find one centered on small dogs, or that is safer for a small dog... Do you know of any dog parks in the dallas…

I have a 10 pound maltese, and I want to take her to a dog park... I have heard that dog parks normally have a lot of large dogs, so I want to find one centered on small dogs, or that is safer for a small dog... Do you know of any dog parks in the dallas…...
    General Dog Discussions : Are there any good dog parks for small dogs in the dallas area?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there any good dog parks for small dogs in the dallas area?

Are there any good dog parks for small dogs in the dallas area? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 10 pound maltese, and I want to take her to a dog park... I have heard that dog parks normally have a lot of large dogs, so I want to find one centered on small dogs, or that is safer for a small dog... Do you know of any dog parks in the dallas area that meet theses specifications? PLEASE!Specifically in north dallas, or plano!

Are there any good dog parks for small dogs in the dallas area? General Dog Discussions
    • Tipps Canine HollowLarge dogs may exercise and socialize on two acres and smaller dogs have one fenced acre. Tipps Canine Hollow provides a safe environment for pet owners to unleash their dogs. Water stations are plentiful and shady areas keep dogs cool. Hours: 8 a.m. to dusk daily.Children: Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult when visiting the dog park, and children under 7 are not allowed in the large dog area. Taser devices are not allowed to be used in the dog park.Location: 7804 Davis Boulevard in North Richland Hills. Tipps Canine Hollow is in Northfield Park about four miles north of Loop 820----------Fort Woof Dog ParkFort Woof provides two large fenced areas for dogs to roam according to weight. Each area has picnic tables (no food of any type in the park) and park benches for humans, a watering station for both humans and dogs, and multiple waste disposal locations, each with a supply of plastic bags.Hours: 5 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily.Address: Gateway Park, north of I-30 between Beach Street and Oakland Blvd., east of downtown.---10. Railroad Dog ParkSix-acre park; separate area for small dogs.Hours: N/ALocation: Valley Ridge Blvd. and Bennett Lane (near Trinity River) Lewisville

• I'm not from Dallas so I don't know any specific to your area, but I wanted to tell you that my local dog park has a section fenced off specifically for dogs about 15lbs and under!So my advise to you would be to just google "Dog parks near Dallas" and see what comes up, visit their website (if they have one, ours does) and see if they have a small dog section within the park. You could always call your veterinarian, they should be knowledgeable about the local dog parksGood luck!