How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets?

I adopted her about 5 months ago. Angel is partially deaf. She also doesn't like men either.What can I do.

How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets?

I adopted her about 5 months ago. Angel is partially deaf. She also doesn't like men either.What can I do....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets?...

• How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets?

How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets? Other Pet Discussions
      I adopted her about 5 months ago. Angel is partially deaf. She also doesn't like men either.What can I do.

How do I socialize my 3 year old Jack Russell who wants to attack every dog she meets? Other Pet Discussions
    • I suggest training classes, immediately.Call various trainers and explain your problem, then pick the one you feel most "right" about.It may be necessary to begin training without other dogs present, your trainer can advise you.Sounds like this dog has a number of issues, and training will help with all of them, even thought this dog will likely always be highly strung and have special needs.

• take her for a walk every day if you can. at least 3 times a week. be prepared to run into other dogs, keep her on leash. dont try to get close to other dogs, stay at a distance and let her just see them. when she barks tell her "no." and "leave it."<--- you have to train her to leave it for it to work. i have a 1 year old german shepard that wants to attack other dogs and men. i walk her every day and when we encounter another animal, she gets told no and leave it. it works. she lets men pet her and she tends not to bark at other dogs anymore or even notice them. i havent introduced her to another dog yet, she needs more work.

• I'm afraid it's too late for you and your Jack Russell. But, from what you've said I doubt she is partially deaf. This is a ploy used by some females to pretend they do not hear things they'd rather not. Also, the fact that she doesn't like men is quite revealing. Did you perhaps adopt the dog from a Rabbi? I think you have a 'JackRussell American Princess' (JAP) on your hands.

• jack russells are known to be dog aggressive and your dog being partially deaf could exacerbate the situation ... i would suggest taking the dog to obedience classes (one that will teach hand signals would be ideal) ... i put my jack through every level of obedience training and it desensitized her to other dogs for the rest of her life ...