What should be acomplished in a months of western training?

A green horse-gentle-easy to work with. Rides- walk, trot. Doesn't know yields, or disengagements, but is calm and willing.What would you like to see get done in a month of training?What would be an ideal amount of training days (3 or 5 days a…

A green horse-gentle-easy to work with. Rides- walk, trot. Doesn't know yields, or disengagements, but is calm and willing.What would you like to see get done in a month of training?What would be an ideal amount of training days (3 or 5 days a…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What should be acomplished in a months of western training?...

• What should be acomplished in a months of western training?

What should be acomplished in a months of western training? Other Pet Discussions
      A green horse-gentle-easy to work with. Rides- walk, trot. Doesn't know yields, or disengagements, but is calm and willing.What would you like to see get done in a month of training?What would be an ideal amount of training days (3 or 5 days a week?)Thanks for the input!6 year old friesian- working towards being an all around western horse who will be confident, calm, light on the mouth and responsive. He is also trained to drive- does well but needs riding work to improve his driving confidence.

What should be acomplished in a months of western training? Other Pet Discussions
    • In my opinion, training needs to be every single day with a green horse because it mostly ensures that the horse is going to understand and you will succeed. If you want to accomplish that much training in a month, then the horse needs that attention every day.

• I would try working with him everyday, and if not at least three times a week. At the end of his 30 days I would expect him to be able to respond to your feet, since you want him light on the mouth, which can be difficult seeing as how he is also being driven...What bit are you using when riding him? Try him in just a hackamore. He should be able to back up, side step, spin, and all with the use of your feet.