How many cups of food is in a 15 pound bag of dog food?

I have a 45 pound Pointer and he eats about 3 cups of food a day, I'm wondering how long the bag will last him. I bought his current bag about 2 weeks ago and he's eaten about half. Do you think the 15 pound bag will last a whole month? If you have…

I have a 45 pound Pointer and he eats about 3 cups of food a day, I'm wondering how long the bag will last him. I bought his current bag about 2 weeks ago and he's eaten about half. Do you think the 15 pound bag will last a whole month? If you have…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How many cups of food is in a 15 pound bag of dog food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many cups of food is in a 15 pound bag of dog food?

How many cups of food is in a 15 pound bag of dog food? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 45 pound Pointer and he eats about 3 cups of food a day, I'm wondering how long the bag will last him. I bought his current bag about 2 weeks ago and he's eaten about half. Do you think the 15 pound bag will last a whole month? If you have experience with my situation please let me know how long it takes for your dog to finish the bag. Thank you in advance.I would buy a bigger bag, but I'm 16 and on a very tight and small budget, so a 15 pound bag is all I can afford, but that you for helping me. I didn't think about the fact that cups and pounds are two different types of measuring.

How many cups of food is in a 15 pound bag of dog food? Other Pet Discussions
    • I have a 40lb bag that lasts a month and I feed my dog 4 cups a day. I doubt a 15lb bag will last a month. Maybe 3 weeks. Why are you only buying 15lb bags anyway? Why not go ahead and buy bigger. It's not like you're not going to use it.And for reference one pound is definitely not one cup. That person is stupid. Also there is no conversion between cups and pounds because a cup is a Volume and a pound is a Mass. If you really want to know then get some cups of dog food and weigh it on a scale til it hits one pound.

• well i'm guessing it matters on cup size if it's an 8 oz cup then well 2 cups make a pound which is 16 oz so you have about 30 cups of dog food to a 15 lbs. bag of dog food so should last you roughly 10 days but your at 2 weeks allready so i'm not sure what size cup your using to feed your 45 pound dog thanks for reading this GOD BLESS