What is the best way to house train a male dachshund puppy?

I'm going to be getting a dachsie this fall and I've been thinking how to house train this pup so he doesn't piddle everywhere. I've heard that dachsie's are the most difficult dogs to train, so I wanted to get advice from those of you that might have…

I'm going to be getting a dachsie this fall and I've been thinking how to house train this pup so he doesn't piddle everywhere. I've heard that dachsie's are the most difficult dogs to train, so I wanted to get advice from those of you that might have…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to house train a male dachshund puppy?...

• What is the best way to house train a male dachshund puppy?

What is the best way to house train a male dachshund puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm going to be getting a dachsie this fall and I've been thinking how to house train this pup so he doesn't piddle everywhere. I've heard that dachsie's are the most difficult dogs to train, so I wanted to get advice from those of you that might have some experience.

What is the best way to house train a male dachshund puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • crate train, and get a puppy floor pad, stick it next to the door. they wont poop or pee where they sleep and when he goes to the door, you'll know he needs to go out. but don't make the pad a habit.

• get a litter box, line it with puppy pads and news paper, put it somewhere obvious for your pup, every time you see pup start to sniff and circle put pup in the box, at night use a crate, but line it with the pads and paper so that during the day when pup is out the litter box will be a familar smell.