How do I run electrical wiring for my reptile cage?

I have a Chinese Water Dragon cage that I finished building. I have quite a bit of space on the top of it for lighting, etc.. It is 1 foot high by 4 feet long by 1.5 feet deep. I would like to run my lighting to a switch but I can't find a good website…

I have a Chinese Water Dragon cage that I finished building. I have quite a bit of space on the top of it for lighting, etc.. It is 1 foot high by 4 feet long by 1.5 feet deep. I would like to run my lighting to a switch but I can't find a good website…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I run electrical wiring for my reptile cage?...

• How do I run electrical wiring for my reptile cage?

How do I run electrical wiring for my reptile cage? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a Chinese Water Dragon cage that I finished building. I have quite a bit of space on the top of it for lighting, etc.. It is 1 foot high by 4 feet long by 1.5 feet deep. I would like to run my lighting to a switch but I can't find a good website that explains how to do this with a reptile cage. Any suggestions or plans that are available online?Thanks!

How do I run electrical wiring for my reptile cage? Other Pet Discussions
    • Not positive I understand your question properly but I think what you mean is you want to run all of your lighting to one switch so you can turn it on and off all at once without having to mess with plugs. If I'm correct then there is a pretty simple way of doing it. If you go to home depot you will be able to to find dimmer switches made for incandescant lights to plug into. I'm not talking about the ones meant to be installed in walls. They sell a type that you plug the lights into. These are often used by reptile keepers to control heating devices but it'll work fine with lighting as well. Just fix it so that all your lighting wires connect into one of those multi outlet adapters then plug that into the dimmer switch and that gets plugged into the wall. The dimmer switches sold at home depot have a switch that is on a cord quite aways from the actual plug in and adapter so you can place the switch in a more accessable location. To turn the lights on and off all you have to do is drag the switch up and down.