Are there any freshwater fish that can be bred in a few small tanks?

I would like to breed some freshwater fish. I want to breed something more difficult than guppies and other live bearers but I don't have many free tanks.The most I would probably have to use is two 5 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon or one 5 gallon tank and…

I would like to breed some freshwater fish. I want to breed something more difficult than guppies and other live bearers but I don't have many free tanks.The most I would probably have to use is two 5 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon or one 5 gallon tank and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Are there any freshwater fish that can be bred in a few small tanks?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there any freshwater fish that can be bred in a few small tanks?

Are there any freshwater fish that can be bred in a few small tanks? Other Pet Discussions
      I would like to breed some freshwater fish. I want to breed something more difficult than guppies and other live bearers but I don't have many free tanks.The most I would probably have to use is two 5 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon or one 5 gallon tank and two 10 gallons. I was thinking of maybe breeding bettas but I don't know how many tanks I would need for the fry. Considering I'd have to find a large tank for the females.Any help would be appreciatedI am reasonably experienced with freshwater fish. I can handle somewhat difficult fish.

Are there any freshwater fish that can be bred in a few small tanks? Other Pet Discussions
    • There are a few options.Small live bearers like Guppies / Platys / Endlers.White Cloud Minnows.You might be able to do Zebra danios or smaller barbs like Cherrys.Something more exotic - Shell Dweller cichlids, Japanese Rice Fish (Medaka) or Scarlet BadisI've been able to breed White Clouds and Golden barbs in a 5gal. It only need to be big enough to support the breeding pair, and then rear the fry to a decent size. As long as you have other tanks for the adults a small breeding tank is practical. White Clouds would be the easiest. Just get a handful in a 10 gal tank, treat them right, they will breed for you.Ian

• Yes, you can try with convict cichlids, before 15 days ago they breed at my home as well, now the fries are moving every where, the female become very aggressive with in this period so please don't try to put you hand with in the tank.