How much does the average english saddle cost?

I might be getting a horse but i dont know whether he comes with tack. how much would the cheap/average/expensive english saddle cost?and how much does the average briddle, rug, standing martingale and grooming kit cost?

I might be getting a horse but i dont know whether he comes with tack. how much would the cheap/average/expensive english saddle cost?and how much does the average briddle, rug, standing martingale and grooming kit cost?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How much does the average english saddle cost?...

• How much does the average english saddle cost?

How much does the average english saddle cost? Other Pet Discussions
      I might be getting a horse but i dont know whether he comes with tack. how much would the cheap/average/expensive english saddle cost?and how much does the average briddle, rug, standing martingale and grooming kit cost?

How much does the average english saddle cost? Other Pet Discussions
    • My new english saddle cost me $450, but it was treeless. My favourite used saddle cost me $75, it's a gorgeous cutback.Bridle cost me about $20-35, rug $20-35. I was buying from a great used and new tack place, so put that on the lower end of things.

• Saddle - Cheap $300 - Average $800 - Expensive $1500-6000 up..Bridle - Cheap $50 - Average $80 - Expensive $200 up...Rug - for a good quality rug will cost around $100 up winter - summer $60Standing Martingale - $40 cheapGrooming Kit - Economy $12 - Deluxe $20 up...*EDIT*Saddle Pad - Cheap $10 - Average $50 - Expensive $100 up...Fly Mask (consider getting one if you live in a high fly population area - $10-$50Fly Spray - $10-$30 or even better make your ownBoots - If you are jumping or riding alot you'll need to invest in some spint/cushion boots which are around $30 up...and maybe some jumping boots $20-30 up.. (if your horse overeaches buy a pair of bell boots $10 up.....Bits - Snaffle $15 up... (I would spend a little bit extra on a good bit that your horse works well on) - Other Types of bits $15 up.....Lunging Equipment - Whip $15 up... - Lunge Line $6 up...Whip/Spurs - only use these if you must and have the experence to use them they ca ncause alot of harmWhip - $15 up...Spurs - $20 up...If you are going to show you will need a decent pair of joddies, a helmet, boots, and a show jacket (maybe a browband to match outfit and gaiters to match boots) - Total around $600 - $800 up.....depending on what bands you buy inAlso with rugs consider getting an extra for each season as your horse may wet, rip or dirty his rug and may need to be dryed, washed or repared

• Are you planning on buying new tack or used?Are you buying a childrens saddle or a adult one?You can easily get a decent english saddle (used) for $200ish, I bought a lovely Stubben off ebay for $350 and it was a 17 inch, saddles that are smaller, ie 15inch and such, are cheaper than the larger ones in my experience. Synthetic saddles are cheaper than leather ones, a new synthetic can run around $300, but in my opinion they do not hold up over time very well. A good quality leather saddle should in theory outlast you provided its taken proper care of.Bridles do not have to be expensive, I bought a decent training one for $30 at the local tack store, that is not including the reins which were another $20, so think $50ish for something new and not very fancy. Personally I would recommend going with a used saddle, look around at your local tack shops. I would recommend a running martingale over a standing, but that is a personal preference. A rug? you mean a blanket or a saddle pad? I bought a little used saddle pad for $10 at the local tack store, a proper blanket will run $80+ for something that is decent for the winter. Grooming kit should not be expensive, $20ish at the most.

• English Saddle- $400-$7,000 (Hermes)Bridle- $200-$5,000Martingale- $25-$200Grooming Kit- I would everything separatly, this cost me $103 including the fly mask and fly spray. It depends how much money you want to put into your equine friend. I abviously...a lot!! lol. spoiled horsey....Hope this helped!!!!:) good luck getting your first horse...i just got mine a FEW WEEKS ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hi you can usually get a used one very cheap, and a average new one will cost 300-700 and i nice saddle can cost from 900-7000 it can get expensive. but just look around a bit and you can find one in good condition. hope i helped =] a rug/blanket can cost from 10-30 dollars, a bridle can be from 20-100 and a bit is like 10 dollars. and the grooming kit can go from 30-80 hope i helped =]

• Saddle: Cheap $100-400 American DollarsAverage: 500- 900Expensive- $900+ They can get up to 4 or five thousand dollars for custom. I'd recommend getting a used saddle for your first one, that way you can keep the price down until you know exactly what you like best (as far as knee rolls, cutback, close contact or all purpose go).DO NOT get a cheap saddle even though the price looks good. They don't fit right and might hurt your horse's back. Get a good deal on a used saddle but get a good brand. I bought an older Crosby saddle for $300 and i love it.Just make sure that the used saddle isn't too used, and that the leather isn't discolored, stitches aren't broken, and the tree is in good shape, and make sure the wool flocking doesn't need to be replaced. Also, make sure you get the right size. I'm 5'5" and average build, and i use a 17" in an english/huntseat saddle. Ask the people where you take lessons, or your trainer. Check Ebay or Tacktrader.com for saddles. Good brands are : Crosby, Collegiate, Courbette, Henri De Rivel, Pessoa, Wintec is pretty good, but they're synthetic. Make sure you don't get a blue ridge or silver fox saddle or anything like that. They're cheap but they don't hold up and they look horrible.Bridles can run from $30-200 but make sure you get supple leather that isn't stiff. And get the right size too.Saddle Pads/Rugs can be from $20-$100. You probably aren't concerned about getting real sheepskin yet, so saddle pads aren't that important. Standing martingales can be $75-$15. Grooming kits are generally cheaper and you get what you want if you buy brushes separately. They can be $5 each. Get a soft brush, hard brush, curry, hoof pick, and mane and tail brush.

• If you are going to be showing in 4-H and open shows, then I wouldn't spend more than $500 on a saddle. The price also depends on how long you think you will stick with riding. If you are going to be showing at rated hunt seat shows, and you think you will be riding for a long time then a good hunt seat saddle should cost from $1,000 - $3,500. I have a used Pessoa A/O (Made in France) that I got for $2,500 (I think). I used to ride in an old $200 saddle before I got serious about riding. It was uncomfortable, and it didn't fit me (wrong seat and flap size). I have really long legs so had to get a more forward flap. It is a lot more comfortable and I can keep my legs more still and stay in the correct postition.

• If I were getting my FIRST saddle, I'd look on ebay with the help of this group and find a good used english saddle (European made). To do this, you're going to have to learn how to measure yourself for your seat size. Starting at your outside knee, take a measuring tape and measure from there to your hip. That will give you your seat size. If you HAVE to get a saddle before you get your horse, then go with a medium tree because it's most likely to fit the average horse and you can change it to narrow if you have to by using different pads.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280255158634That's a large seat (18"), but that will give you an idea as to what they are costing on ebay (Expect about $40.00 for shipping). This is an all purpose saddle so you can do some jumping, flat work and a bit of dressage with it.As for your bridle and breastplate, there again, don't go with the cheapies! The ones made in India won't hold up. Expect to spend upwards of $100.00 plus shipping for the bridle, breast collar maybe more but they typically do come with either a running or standing martingale.As for brush kits, check out Stateline's website, they have kits from $8.00 to $12.00.I hope this helps.

• im afraid i cant help you with how much the stuff cost, but if you live in the US here are two of my favorite horse equipment websites that have the stuff you are looking forhttp://www.statelinetack.com/http://www.smartpakequine.com/**EDIT: I think the cheapest saddles would either be used ones or the synthetic Wintec saddles

• SaddlesCheap- Under 500Average- 500-1500Expenisve-1500-7000^at least for new ones, used are always cheaperBridleCheap- Under $50. If you want a good cheap bridle i can totally reccomend a Kincade Bridle! for $50 they are amazing quality.Average- $50-200Expensive- $200-600