How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed?

My female is about 8 months, and my male is 6 or 7 years old, When or WILL I ever expect them to have puppies? Is he too old?

How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed?

My female is about 8 months, and my male is 6 or 7 years old, When or WILL I ever expect them to have puppies? Is he too old? ...
    Other Pet Discussions : How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed?...

• How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed?

How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed? Other Pet Discussions
      My female is about 8 months, and my male is 6 or 7 years old, When or WILL I ever expect them to have puppies? Is he too old?

How old does a shitzu start coming into heat, and does a stud ever get too old to breed? Other Pet Discussions
    • Most female dogs have their first heat at about 6 months of age, and about twice a year until about 7 years old - sometimes older, especially in small breeds. Individuals vary, or course.While a stud has no theoretical upper limit to age, most become noticeably less fertile (not to mention arthritic and/or disinterested) about 10 years old. As before, individuals vary.Not to be rude, but if you have to ask these things online maybe you shouldn't be breeding your dogs.PS - It's spelled 'Shih Tzu.' When you try to sell the puppies, it helps to spell the breed name correctly.

• Okay JT you need to take your dogs to the vet to see if they are in good health before your breed them. They need their shots and the female needs to start taking vitamins to help her body stay strong. When the female is old enough at around 11 to 18 months when she goes into heat she will let him breed her and they will need to stay conected for a while its not like people except for a little screaming. lol Go to your web search and put in How to breed shih tzus and look for a good site. Please learn more about it before you start. You have taken the first step keep up the good work.