How do I get my kitten to stop getting on the table and eating our food?

Sometimes we'll be be eating and get up for a few seconds, then come backto our cat on the table eating out of our plates! He is 6 months old, is it because he is young? Also, he will also NEVER resopnd to water spraying or a stern "NO". He keeps on…

Sometimes we'll be be eating and get up for a few seconds, then come backto our cat on the table eating out of our plates! He is 6 months old, is it because he is young? Also, he will also NEVER resopnd to water spraying or a stern "NO". He keeps on…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my kitten to stop getting on the table and eating our food?...

• How do I get my kitten to stop getting on the table and eating our food?

How do I get my kitten to stop getting on the table and eating our food? Other Pet Discussions
      Sometimes we'll be be eating and get up for a few seconds, then come backto our cat on the table eating out of our plates! He is 6 months old, is it because he is young? Also, he will also NEVER resopnd to water spraying or a stern "NO". He keeps on doing it regardless how many times I scold him. Help?

How do I get my kitten to stop getting on the table and eating our food? Other Pet Discussions
    • This may sound stupid but my kitten is 13wks old and to stop her from getting on the kitchen side i have tin foil on it, cats hate tin foil and don't like to stand on it, i think it's something to do with the sound it makes on there claws, it may be abit tedious but once he has stood on it once or twice he should get the message that "on that table is that horrible silver stuff" haha, hope this helps??

• Age will help. He probably can get up on the table before you have even straightened up from putting him on the floor.I give my cats their evening treat of wet food prior to making my evening meal, so it takes the edge off their appetites, and more often they are elsewhere snoozing.But other than repetition of NO and putting him on the floor, you can only wait, since as he gets older he will do it less and less.

• You need to train your kitten as early as possible, and you need patient to train your kitten. With time and training, it is possible to have your kitten to stop getting on your eating table