How can you keep your cat from chewing on your house plants?

I have two cats, one male one female both enjoy chewing on our various house plants or getting up on the dinning table.

I have two cats, one male one female both enjoy chewing on our various house plants or getting up on the dinning table....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can you keep your cat from chewing on your house plants?...

• How can you keep your cat from chewing on your house plants?

How can you keep your cat from chewing on your house plants? Other Pet Discussions
      I have two cats, one male one female both enjoy chewing on our various house plants or getting up on the dinning table.

How can you keep your cat from chewing on your house plants? Other Pet Discussions
    • Theres a type of spray ypu can get animals don't like it and you can spray it on the plants.Ask your vet about the spray he may know where you can get one.Also you can try smacking them each time they go near a plant. Worked for me!

• let me know when you figure it out, but be careful lots of plants are poison to them, I had to get rid of most of mine for that reason. they dont seem to eat the violets, I dont know why.

• You should try misting your plants with a cayanne pepper tea. It smells and tastes bad. After a while the cats will associate the bad taste with the plants and leave them alone. I have heard that when the cats get on the table you shoot them with a squirt gun. They associate the table with getting wet and stay off.

• I keep my plants on a high shelf that the cats can't reach. The water pistol is a good idea, but it must be done while the cat is actually in the act of chewing on the plants. If you spritz him even a few seconds after the fact, he won't make the connection between the crime and punishment.Lilies in particular are very bad for cats. Here's some good toxicity info about plants:http://tinyurl.com/dqg75http://tinyurl.com/abjgv

• i have the same problem, all the plants i have had either get all the leaves chewed up or actually knocked down, but only one of my cats is the culprit.she knows she's not allowed on the counters, yet she tries, when i see her, i hurry and grab the spray bottle (with water) and thats all i need to do,and she'll run away.