How do I protect my dogs from coyotes?

I have 2 dachshunds and live in an area where coyotes have been a problem. What can i do to keep the coyotes away?My yard is fenced. These coyotes are very aggressive. Just the other day two men were standing outside with their dog during the day and a…

I have 2 dachshunds and live in an area where coyotes have been a problem. What can i do to keep the coyotes away?My yard is fenced. These coyotes are very aggressive. Just the other day two men were standing outside with their dog during the day and a…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I protect my dogs from coyotes?...

• How do I protect my dogs from coyotes?

How do I protect my dogs from coyotes? Other Pet Discussions
      I have 2 dachshunds and live in an area where coyotes have been a problem. What can i do to keep the coyotes away?My yard is fenced. These coyotes are very aggressive. Just the other day two men were standing outside with their dog during the day and a coyote ran between them and snatched the dog!

How do I protect my dogs from coyotes? Other Pet Discussions
    • Get an Afghan hound! They are h-e-double-ll on Coyotes and cougars. Install outside lighting will help. Coyotes usually hunt early mornings and late night. Your dogs will be safe while it is daylight. An electric fence a few inches off the ground will do the trick, as coyotes don't jump, but crawl under fencing. If you live in the country, you should put the wire on the outside of the fencing. You could ask the barber ( beauty shops wash hair first, so it doesn't work as well)to save bags of hair for you, and sprinkle it around your dog's boundries. Coyotes don't like the human smell.

• buy a bunch of cats. the coyotes will naturally eat the smaller cats, and the dog may also make friends with the coyotes this way. "Hey, I hate cats, We do too!"or the chuck norris training would work too.